- Area Information
Decatur is a thriving Texas community with a rich history and competitive location near the Dallas-Fort Worth Metro. Its' regional health system, flourishing downtown, community-oriented lifestyle, strong retail base, and prime location are strengths that can propel Decatur's economic growth.
- Decatur has robust real estate offerings and a connected transportation network that fully maximizes its advantageous location in the Dallas - Fort Worth Metro.
- Decatur has an educated and skilled workforce that aligns with target industry needs.
- Decatur continues to be a unique and charming community.
- Entrepreneurs thrive and grow in Decatur.
- Decatur is recognized as a forward-thinking business destination for target industries.
- Decatur has a moderate climate conducive to year round outdoor activities.
- Decatur has an award winning medical health system.
- Streamlined and fast development process
- Cluster of existing companies in target industries
- Proximity to the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex without all the traffic and other hassles
People choose where to retire for many of the same quality of life assets that people consider when choosing where to move their families. SmartAsset recognized Decatur as the #12 “Best Place To Retire In Texas” recently. Read on...
The Decatur Elementary STEM Academy, part of the Decatur ISD, is set to open in the fall of 2021. The academy is the first of its kind here in Wise County, TX. Read on...
The Wright House Arts is now open on the square in Decatur, TX. Read on...
“We had a lot of choices when we were looking to relocate our corporate headquarters from Colorado, and Decatur has proven to be the best option for us. It was close to a major airport, but still a good environment for our employees’ families. The Decatur folks worked overtime to locate a piece of property and arranged a sale lease back with a local developer that got us exactly what we needed.”
– Michael Clark, CEO, H2X Hydroexcavation
Decatur is a thriving Texas community with a rich history and competitive location near the Dallas-Fort Worth Metro. Its regional health system, flourishing downtown, community-oriented lifestyle, strong retail base, and prime location are strengths that are propelling Decatur's economic growth.
Read more About Decatur